Friday, February 26, 2010

What's in a name?

It is a pain being a woman sometimes.

For instance...changing your last name when you get married.

I am going through the process of changing my name back to my maiden name.

What a hassle?!

- Social Security card
- drivers license
- passport
- credit cards
- debit cards
- checks
- email
- bills
- business cards
- all things work-related

I feel like I am jumping through hoops.

It was such a big to do the first time...and now I have to do it all over again.

And when I say I'm changing my last name, the person behind the desk automatically assumes it's because I've gotten married.

When I say it's because of divorce, I get such a pitiful look from them.

Why is it so important that the woman change her last name when she gets married?

http://marriage.suite101.com/article.cfm/should_you_change_your_last_name

1 comment:

Capitol said...

what up me and you need to start talking