Valparaiso, Indiana was my destination and planned residence for the next 4 years of my life.
Well, it's April 13, 2011 and I am still here.
Last winter, I contemplated moving, but decided to pursue my masters degree at Valparaiso University while working full time instead of up and quitting my good job in higher ed for a poor graduate student life. I figured I could balance the two without distractions (a man) in my life.
Another year has passed and I am half way done with my masters, still working full time, now in a serious relationship, and actively involved in an amazing Church.
I am moving into my first house this spring (renting, of course).
My life is finally heading in a direction I have been waiting for.
Instead of waiting, I finally took control of my life.
I started my graduate program last summer, a MA in Liberal Studies with an individualized concentration in student affairs.
I met a wonderful man, who loves and cherishes me, and shares similar goals and life dreams as me. I have fallen in love...true love.
While Valparaiso, Indiana was originally intended to be a temporary thing, now feels like home to me.
It only took nearly 5 years to become home for me.
Valparaiso was a blessing in disguise...and a new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment