"Nobody finds their soul mate when they're ten. I mean, where's the fun in that, right?" - Jake, Sweet Home Alabama
Do soul mates really exist?
How do you know if/when you find your soul mate?
Some describe it as a special, magical feeling you have.
Is there really one perfect person out there for you?
What if there is more than one?
This could get complicated folks.
I hate to be a "Debbie Downer," but after my divorce from the man I considered to be my best friend and my soul mate, I'm a little skeptical.
It's difficult to find someone who you can be comfortable and entirely yourself around, yet have that romantic spark.
How do you find that balance in a relationship?
I look at my grandparents and gosh, they still have it after 50 years.
Every woman (and I'm sure men too) hope to find that one person to spend the rest of their life with.
Married or not, no one really wants to be alone.
Sometimes I wish my life was like a movie...with the happily-ever-after ending, of course.
The guy gets the girl in the end.....or the girl finally meets her Prince Charming.
My momma raised me to believe in love, but also to be careful, independent and focused on reality.
I was allowed to read fairytales, but there was always a reality check for me.
Not every woman needs 7 little men helping her out or a man to rescue her.
But I want to believe there is a man out there waiting to fall in love with me...to experience life together side by side...through the good and the bad.
Everyone wants to feel that spark...to find their soul mate.
1 comment:
someone's out there, nikki. i still cannot fathom the situation you're in but think you are one of the strongest, most beautiful, intelligent, and kind women i've been blessed to know. i found a quote yesterday i'll likely post soon: "Yet even in certain defeat, the courageous Trager clung to the belief that life is not merely a series of meaningless accidents or coincidences. Uh-uh. But rather, its a tapestry of events that culminate in an exquisite, sublime plan." ...from Serendipity (movie)...if you haven't seen it, please do! xoxo
Post a Comment